1.1. Please read these terms of service and agreement (“Terms”) carefully before using the website, applications and services (hereinafter referred to the “Platform”) offered by Verulam Connect. The Platform is owned by Verulam Connect a company duly registered and incorporated in terms of the company laws of the Republic of South Africa with its registered address at 123 Umhlanga , 0, , () (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Verulam Connect”, “we”, and “us”).
1.2. For the purposes of this section, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”). Verulam Connect also subscribes to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
2. When will Verulam Connect collect personal data?
2.1. Users will be prompted to register for an account with Verulam Connect. In so doing, users may be asked to provide the following information (Personal Information)
1. First name;
4. Physical address;
5. Phone number;
6. Bank account details;
7. Company / CC / business name;
8. Company/CC/business registration number.
4. All payment information will be captured through the Website. Further, Verulam Connect shall not retain payment information on behalf of its users.
5. We will not collect, use or disclose sensitive information (such as information about racial or ethnic origins or political or religious beliefs, where relevant) except with your specific consent or in the circumstances permitted by law.
1. The provision and performance of the services;
2. Informing you of changes made to our website;
3. The provision of marketing related services to you by Verulam Connect;
4. Responding to any queries or requests you may have;
5. Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users for the purposes described in this clause;
6. Developing an online user profile;
7. Understanding general user trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies;
8. For security, administrative and legal purposes; and
9. The creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form, but shall not be used in any way which may comprise the identity of a user.
7. Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, Verulam Connect has in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
8. While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
9. We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
10. Your information will not be stored for longer than is necessary for the purposes described in these Terms or as required by applicable legislation.
11. The Personal Information Verulam Connect collects from users shall only be accessed by Verulam Connect employees, representatives and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
12. Verulam Connect shall have the right, but shall not be obliged, to monitor or examine any information and materials including any website link that you publish or submit to Verulam Connect for publishing on the Site. You shall be solely responsible for the contents of all material published by yourself.
14. We will not sell, share, or rent your Personal Information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by Verulam Connect will only be in connection with the provision of our services and/or the marketing thereof.
15. Log Files
15.1 When you visit Verulam Connect, even if you do not create an account, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within Verulam Connect on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
16.2. “Session cookies”: These are used to maintain a so-called ‘session state’ and only lasts for the duration of your use of the Website. A session cookie expires when you close your browser, or if you have not visited the server for a certain period of time. Session cookies are required for the Platform to function optimally, but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
16.3. “Permanent cookies”: These cookies permanently store a unique code on your computer or smart device hard drive in order to identify you as an individual user. No Personal Information is stored in permanent cookies. You can view permanent cookies by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. These permanent cookies are not required for the Verulam Connect website to work, but may enhance your browsing experience.
17. Links from Verulam Connect
17.1. Verulam Connect, and the services available through the Website, may contain links to other third party websites, including (without limitation) social media platforms, payment gateways, appointment scheduling and/or live chat platforms (“Third Party Websites”). If you select a link to any Third Party Website, you may be subject to such Third Party Website’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under the control, nor responsibility, of Verulam Connect.
17.2. Hyperlinks to Third Party Websites are provided “as is”, and Verulam Connect does not necessarily agree with, edit or sponsor the content on Third Party Websites.
17.3. Verulam Connect does not monitor or review the content of any Third Party Website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and we should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of other websites, either.
17.4. Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third Party Website before disclosing any personal information to them. Verulam Connect does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
18. Application of the Electronic Communications And Transactions Act 25 Of 2002 (“Ect Act”)
18.1. Data Messages (as defined in the ECT Act) will be deemed to have been received by Verulam Connect if and when Verulam Connect responds to the Data Messages.
18.2. Data Messages sent by Verulam Connect to a user will be deemed to have been received by such user in terms of the provisions specified in section 23(b) of the ECT Act.
18.3. Users acknowledge that electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication are not required for valid electronic communications between users and Verulam Connect.
18.4. Information to be provided in terms of section 43(1) of the ECT Act:
1. Users warrant that Data Messages sent to Verulam Connect from any electronic device, used by such user, from time to time or owned by such user, were sent and or authorised by such user, personally.
2. This Website is owned and operated by Verulam Connect, a company duly registered and incorporated in terms of the company laws of the Republic of South Africa with its registered address at 123 Umhlanga , 0, , ().